Instructions for repair of all Ketch-All Poles:
(Refer to Ketch-All Parts List above for Parts Numbers)
To Remove Cable:
- Remove large lock ring #7 located behind collar #8.
- Pull collar #8 back toward rear of pole until head #9 is exposed. Note: it may be necessary to slide tooth guard #5 back in order to pull collar back.
- Remove head #9, which is right hand thread, leaving collar #8 on pole. IF APPLICABLE: remove allen set screw #6 (with allen wrench) located on head.
- When head #9 is free, pull release knob #1 back and hold in this position (we suggest using vice grips) while pulling cable out through the other end of pole.
- Pull cable spring from hair guard #23
To Install Cable:
- Insert ball of cable through hair guard (which should be attached to head shank #9), running cable through until hair guard #23 meets cable spring.
- Screw hair guard #23 into cable spring. The cable is now ready to install.
- Insert cable through tubing #3, pulling back on release knob #1 to allow cable to pass through locking device.
- Screw head onto end of pole.
- Insert cable ball in groove or track in head #9
- Pull collar #8 over head and cable ball, and replace lock ring #7.
- IF APPLICABLE: replace set screw #6
To Disassemble Locking Device:
- Pull back on release knob #1, turning it until hole in tubing lines up with hole in cage #20.
- Insert ice pick or nail through holes, thus keeping locking device from turning.
- Remove release knob #1, which is a right hand thread. There should be a lock washer #16 inside release knob.
- Remove: lock ring #17, step washer #18, compression spring #19, cage #20 and three ball bearings #21.
To Replace Head:
To replace head, follow steps under headings: To Remove Cable and To install Cable above. You will damage about one inch of cable spring when you pull the old head off. This should be cut off to enable you to screw the new hair guard into the part of the spring that remains intact…